Step One: Learn the correct shooting fundamentals
- This is the most important step because If you do not learn the correct shooting fundamentals before you began you will create muscle memory for the wrong way to shoot. This can limit you from your maximum potential or even make your shot worse.
- To learn the correct fundamentals watch these two videos: Video1 and Video2.
- After watching these videos try to repeat what you learned.
- Make sure you are conferrable with your shot before you go to the next step.
Step Two: Practice
- To develop long-term muscle memory and perfect your jump shot you must practice on a daily basis.
- Every time you miss a shot figure out what you did wrong and put all you concentration on fixing that mistake as fast as possible.
- It is really important to fix you mistake fast because if you ignore the mistakes you will create muscle memory for that mistake.
- You should use some of these drill while practicing. Drills
Step Three: practice game situations
- Make sure you are ready for this step before you began. You should not began step three until you spent a few months practicing daily on step 2.
- After shooting and correcting your mistakes on a daily basis you will notice shooting will become easier and easier. Once when you feel like taking wide open jump shots is becoming too easy, then it is time to practice game situations.
- Get a friend to pass you the ball then take a jump shot or get a friend to play defense well you take shots.
- This will teach your mind to not think when you shoot and will prepare you for shooting in games.